Our Code of Ethics sets the highest standards!
When you become a member of IABC/Charlotte, you agree to be guided by the principles of professional communication that have been adopted as our code of ethics. In fact, you sign a statement that you have reviewed and understand the IABC Code of Ethics for Professional Communicators when you complete your membership form to join IABC or when you renew your membership.
It holds three principles as essential:
- Professional communication is legal.
- Professional communication is ethical.
- Professional communication is in good taste.
Recognizing these principles, members of IABC agree to:
- Engage in communication that is not only legal but also ethical and sensitive to cultural values and beliefs.
- Engage in truthful, accurate and fair communication that facilitates respect and mutual understanding.
- Adhere to the articles of the IABC Code of Ethics for Professional Communicators.
Visit IABC.com for the complete code of ethics, articles and enforcement.